Millers Flat School opened its doors for the first time on 18th June 1886 with 40 students quickly growing to 75. The main industry at that time was farming and gold dredging from the Clutha River. In 1924, due to a new railway being built to Roxburgh, the school grew to 180 students and in 1968 a new school was built on the same site as today, with three classrooms and a new school house.
Many things have remained in our school throughout its 134 year history but the main thing has been its strong sense of community and proactive parents. We are very proud of our school, proud of its beginnings and proud of all its present and past pupils, who have moved onto greater things. We believe that our school is the 'bridge to the future' and our students can go anywhere in the world with the sense of belonging right back here with us.